Monday, January 27, 2014

Veggie Loaded Quesadillas



Man, I totally disappeared didn't I?  I was hit with the flu followed by bronchitis so basically nothing has gotten done in my house for several weeks!  I am finally back and I have several delicious recipes that I can't wait to share with you! These quesadillas were so easy to make and full of flavor!  Recipe is adapted from The Garden Grazer.

1 15oz can Black Beans
1 cup Corn
1 Tomato (diced)
1 Onion (diced)
1 Red Pepper (diced)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Chili Powder
1 cup Shredded Pepper Jack Cheese
6 Flour Tortillas
2 tbsp Butter
Sour Cream
Green Onion (diced)

Place the black beans in a pot and add the cumin and chili powder then bring to a boil.  Once they have reached a boil turn down the heat.  In a large skillet melt a little bit of butter and place two tortillas face down.  On one add 1/2 of drained black beans, 1/3 cup of corn, 1/3 of the tomato, 1/3 of the onion and 1/3 of the red pepper.  Top with 1/3 cup of cheese. Place the empty tortilla on top of the loaded one once it starts to crisp up.  Remove and cut.  Repeat with the remaining tortillas.  Serve with sour cream and green onion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment