Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Meatloaf


I am not a huge fan of meatloaf.  We had it often as a child so maybe I got burnt out eating it?  I don't know.   Gray loves meatloaf though so I decided to whip one up for him!  The thing is, this meatloaf was really good! I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it!  This recipe is adapted from Sneaky Spoons.

1 lb lean ground beef
1 egg
1/2 small onion, diced
1/3 cup milk
1 cup dried breadcrumbs or panko
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar (divided)
1/2 tbsp mustard
1/2 cup of ketchup (divided)

Heat oven to 350.  Grease a loaf pan and set to the side.  In a mixing bowl combine the ground beef, egg, onion, milk, breadcrumbs, 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, mustard and 1/2 cup of ketchup.  Put the mixture into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the remaining brown sugar on top then pour the remaining ketchup on top and brush to cover the meatloaf. Bake for 1 hour until the meatloaf is cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes then remove from pan and slice.

No comments:

Post a Comment