Monday, July 15, 2013

Mexican Bean Pizza


I'm always looking for new quick and easy meatless meals. When I came across this on Real Mom Kitchen, I knew we had to try them.  I changed up the recipe a bit.  Gray and I both loved them and I think they will become a regular part of our menu plans.

1 can black beans
1/4 tsp garlic salt
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
6 tortillas
1 1/2 cup mexican cheese blend
1 tomato (diced)
1/4 cup onion (diced)
1 avocado (diced)
sour cream
salsa

Heat oven to 350.  In a small pot heat the black beans, garlic salt, chili powder and cumin.  Brush a baking sheet with olive oil and place 3 tortillas on the pan.  Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of cheese and top with the remaining tortillas.  Bake in the oven for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.  Remove from oven.  Drain the beans and slightly smash them.  Top the tortillas with beans and remaining cheese. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining ingredients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment