Friday, March 8, 2013

Cinnamon Sugar Donuts


When I saw this recipe on Shutterbean I knew I wanted to make them the next Saturday for breakfast.  I did have my donut pan while we lived in the apartment so I have been dying to use it since we moved into our house!  These donuts were the perfect sweet treat on a lazy Saturday morning! I slightly adapted as well.

1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 large egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
1 tsp vanilla extract

 4 tbsp unsalted butter (melted)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 and grease the donut pan.  In a medium size mixing bowl sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt  In a small bowl mix together egg, buttermilk, unsalted butter and vanilla extract.  Mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined.  Fill the donut pan 3/4 of the way full and bake for 15 to 17 minutes.  Let the donuts cool for 4-5 minutes then flip it over to remove them from the pan.  In a bowl mix together the sugar and cinnamon.  Brush the donuts with melted butter on both sides and dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Repeat with each donut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment