Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Basic Homemade Granola


We love granola. A lot. And we love the expensive granola. But we have ZERO budget for a 6 dollar bag of granola that we can go through in 3 or 4 days. I have been meaning to try my hand at homemade granola forever but finally got around to it. I totally regret not doing it sooner. It was quick, easy and yummy. I used this recipe on Simply Scratch to kinda guide me but I left out some stuff and added so it is a different recipe. I can't wait to try some other recipes with more "stuff" in it!

4 cups old fashion oats
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
4 tbsp butter (melted)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Heat oven to 350. Mix together the oats, whole wheat flour and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the honey, butter, salt and vanilla extract. Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture and mix until coated. Pour onto a butter greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, break up the granola and flip it. Bake for 8 to 10 more minutes. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment