Friday, February 24, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings


Chicken and Dumplings is my ultimate comfort food! I rarely make them because the recipe I normally use is a bit time consuming, amazing but time consuming. When I saw this recipe for them in the crock pot, well I was sold immediately. My crock pot might be my best friend and again it did well for me this time. This recipe is from Moms with Crock Pots.

4 boneless skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 14oz can chicken broth
1 onion (diced)
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 (10 oz) package refrigerated biscuit dough (cut into small pieces)

Place chicken into crock pot. Top with onion then butter then add cream of chicken soup and finally pour chicken broth over. Season with pepper. Cook on low for 5 hours. After 5 hours add the biscuit dough pieces and cook for another hour. Serve right out of the crock pot.

1 comment: