Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Crock Pot Coke Marinated BBQ Pork

Everyone does the rootbeer pork all the time and I have tried but it's just too sweet for me. The other day I had a boston butt and knew that I wanted to use it to make BBQ and I had a bottle of coke, so I went for it. Also if you are wondering what in the world that is on top of my pork, it's Orangeburg style BBQ sauce. It's a South Carolina thing and it's a sweet and slightly tangy sauce. Oh I could just drink it, it's my favorite with a mustard based sauce being my second runner up. Gotta love the south and all our different BBQ sauces.

1 Boston Butt Roast
3 cups Coca Cola
Salt and Pepper to taste

Marinated the boston butt for 1 to 12 hours in 2 cups of Coca Cola. Place the meat in the crock pot, put a fresh cup of coke in the bottom. Salt and pepper the meat. Set to low and cook for 6 to 8 hours. Shred and serve with your favorite sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment