Friday, August 19, 2011

Smothered Chicken

I was suppose to make something totally different on this night, but then I reread the recipe. No white wine and I was missing something else that I can't remember now. It was 5:15 and so I just had to wing it. So this was me winging it and Gray and I both loved it!

3-4 chicken breast
1 cup mushrooms
1/2 medium onion (cut into strips)
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
6-8 slices of bacon (cooked)
2 tbsp olive oil
3-4 slices of cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste

Heat oven to 400. In a skillet heat a 1 tbsp olive oil to medium heat. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breast in the skillet and cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Place chicken in a baking dish, cover with foil and place in the oven. Lower the heat on the skillet to medium low. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and saute the onion for 3 minutes. Add mushroom and worcestershire. Saute until mushroom are soft. Remove chicken from oven, top each chicken breast with two slices of bacon, the mushroom mixture and a slice of cheese. Place back in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes or until the juices run clear.


This recipe was linked up over at the Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight for Bacon.

1 comment: