Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Slow Roasted Pork




I was running late to work last friday and Gray had the day off so I asked him to put it together. Yes it's easy but as much as I love that man it scares me to death to let him cook. I told him exactly how to do it as I was running out the door and when I got home the house smelled amazing and a few hours later when it was time for dinner we got to taste the deliciousness! The recipe is from Mama Loves Food!

1 Pork Butt Roast
1/4 cup of Worcestershire sauce
3/4 cup of brown sugar
1 1/4 cups apple juice
1/2 teaspoon salt

Place the pork in the crockpot and coat with worchestershire on all sides. Then pat with brown sugar. Pour the apple juice down the side of the crockpot, do not pour it over the pork, you want to keep the brown sugar on the pork and that will wash it off. Cover and turn on high for 30 minutes then turn down to low. Cook for the majority of the day or overnight. Ours was in the crockpot for 9 hours. Remove from crock pot and shred, mix back with the juices or drain and add your own bbq sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment