Thursday, August 5, 2010

Tequila Lime Chicken



This is a Pioneer Woman Recipe that I actually found on Plain Chicken! I was a bit nervous that it would be too spicy for me but it really wasn't and it was SO good and so easy! I am already craving it again and Gray loves spicy food so he loved it as well!

3 whole Limes, Juiced
5 cloves Garlic, Peeled
1 whole Jalapeno, Sliced
1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
½ cup Cilantro (I didn't use this because I have an insane hate of cilantro, blame culinary school for that one)
½ cups Tequila
5 Tablespoons Olive Oil
4 whole Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (we used slices of pepper jack)

Combine lime juice, garlic cloves, sliced jalapeno, salt, cilantro (if you don't hate it), and tequila in a food processor or blender. Pulse until combined. Turn on the blender/food processor and drizzle in the olive oil until it’s all combined. Place chicken in a plastic bag and pour over marinade. When ready to cook, remove chicken from bag and place on the grill. Cook until completely done. Toward the end of cooking, top chicken breasts with cheese and allow to melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment