Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cheese Potatoes

I had been dying to try this recipe forever after I saw it on Anissa's Kitchen (yes I am obsessed with recipe blogs). I finally got a chance this week and Gray and both really enjoyed them plus they were really easy. I have been trying to find recipes that are hopefully kid friendly and try them to see what Gray and I think, this seems very kid friendly plus we love them.

This is the whole recipe, I halved it because obviously the two of us don't need that much potatoes.

6 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup milk
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese

In a large skillet melt the butter and begin to cook potatoes, I didn't use a nonstick skillet but I'm sure that would work much better. Cook until potatoes start to brown slightly then add salt and pepper. Pour milk over the potatoes and cover until the milk absorbs into them. Add the cheese then stir until the cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment